If you are a frequent shopper at Lowe’s, you might have considered applying for a Lowe’s credit card to enjoy some perks and discounts. Lowe’s offers several credit card options for different customers, such as the Lowe’s Advantage Card, the Lowe’s Commercial Account, the Lowe’s Business Advantage, and the Lowe’s Business Rewards Card.
Each card has its features and benefits, but they all share one thing in common: you need to make a Lowe’s credit card payment on time to avoid interest and fees.
Making a Lowe’s credit card payment is easy and convenient, as you have multiple methods to choose from. You can pay online, by mail, in-store, or by phone. However, you also need to be aware of the due dates, the minimum payments, the interest rates, and the fees that apply to your Lowe’s credit card.
In this article, we will explain how to make a Lowe’s credit card payment using each method, and provide some practical tips and advice on how to save money and manage your Lowe’s credit card account effectively.
Lowe’s credit card payment is the amount of money that you need to pay to Lowe’s every month to cover the balance of your Lowe’s credit card. Depending on your card type and your purchase amount, you may have different payment options and terms.
For example, the Lowe’s Advantage Card offers 5% off every day on eligible purchases, or 6 months of special financing on purchases of $299 or more, or 84 fixed monthly payments with reduced APR on purchases of $2,000 or more. You need to pay at least the minimum payment by the due date to avoid late fees and interest charges. You can also pay more than the minimum or the full balance to reduce your interest and save money.
Table of Contents
How to Make a Lowe’s Credit Card Payment Online
One of the easiest and fastest ways to make a Lowe’s credit card payment is online. You can use the Lowe’s online payment webpage to access your account and pay your bill. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Lowe’s online payment webpage and select your card type.
- If you are a new user, you need to register for an online account. You will need your account number, ZIP code, card number, and card ID number to start the registration process. Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the registration.
- If you are a returning user, you can sign in with your user ID and password. You can also use the “Remember User ID” option to save your login information for future use.
- Once you are logged in, you can view your account summary, your statement, your payment history, and your payment options.
- To make a payment, click on the “Make Payment” button and enter the amount that you want to pay. You can choose to pay the minimum payment, the statement balance, the current balance, or a custom amount.
- You will need to provide your bank account and bank routing numbers to complete the payment. You can also save your bank information for future payments.
- You can also schedule your payments in advance or set up automatic payments to avoid missing a due date. You can choose the payment date, the frequency, and the amount of your payments. You can edit or cancel your scheduled or automatic payments at any time.
- After you submit your payment, you will receive a confirmation message and an email notification. You can also check your payment status and history online.
How to Make a Lowe’s Credit Card Payment by Mail
Another option to make a Lowe’s credit card payment is by mail. You can send a check or money order to the address listed on your billing statement, or use the following addresses:
- For Lowe’s Advantage Card or Lowe’s Project Card: Lowe’s, P.O. Box 530914, Atlanta, GA 30353-0914
- For Lowe’s Commercial Account: Lowe’s, P.O. Box 530970, Atlanta, GA 30353-0970
- For Lowe’s Business Advantage: Lowe’s, P.O. Box 530981, Atlanta, GA 30353-0981
- For Lowe’s Business Rewards Card: American Express, P.O. Box 650448, Dallas, TX 75265-0448
Make sure to write your account number on your check or money order, and allow enough time for your payment to reach Lowe’s before the due date. You can also include the payment coupon from your statement to make it easier for Lowe’s to process your payment.
How to Make a Lowe’s Credit Card Payment In-Store
If you prefer to pay your Lowe’s credit card in person, you can visit any Lowe’s store and pay at the customer service desk. You can use cash, check, debit card, or another credit card to make your payment. You will need to show your Lowe’s credit card or your statement to the cashier. You will receive a receipt for your payment, and your account will be updated within 24 hours.
How to Make a Lowe’s Credit Card Payment by Phone
You can also make a Lowe’s credit card payment by phone using the automated system or by speaking to a customer service representative. You will need your account number, your card number, and your bank information to make a payment. You can call the following numbers depending on your card type:
- For Lowe’s Advantage Card or Lowe’s Project Card: 1-888-840-7651
- For Lowe’s Commercial Account: 1-800-444-1408
- For Lowe’s Business Advantage: 1-888-840-7651
- For Lowe’s Business Rewards Card: 1-866-537-1397
Follow the prompts to make a payment using the automated system, or press 0 to speak to a representative. There may be a fee for using the phone payment service, especially if you need assistance from a representative.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Using a Lowe’s Credit Card
Using a Lowe’s credit card can have some advantages and disadvantages, depending on your spending habits and your financial goals. Here are some of the pros and cons of using a Lowe’s credit card:
- You can save 5% on eligible purchases every day, or choose from other financing options, such as 6 months of special financing on purchases of $299 or more, or 84 fixed monthly payments with reduced APR on purchases of $2,000 or more.
- You can access exclusive offers and discounts, such as 10% off your first purchase, or 20% off your first purchase when you open and use a new Lowe’s Business Rewards Card.
- You can manage your account online, view your statements, pay your bills, and track your spending.
- You can earn rewards points with the Lowe’s Business Rewards Card, which can be redeemed for Lowe’s gift cards, or American Express gift cards.
- Interest and Fees: Failure to make payments on time can result in interest charges and late fees.
- Limited Acceptance: Lowe’s credit cards can only be used at Lowe’s, limiting their acceptance compared to general-purpose credit cards.
Tips and Advice on How to Pay Your Lowe’s Credit Card and Save Money on Your Home Projects
Paying your Lowe’s credit card on time and in full is not only good for your credit score, but also for your wallet. Here are some tips and advice on how to pay your Lowe’s credit card and save money on your home projects:
Choose the right payment method for you:
Depending on your preference and convenience, you can choose from the four payment methods we discussed above: online, by mail, in-store, or by phone. Each method has its benefits and drawbacks, so weigh them carefully and pick the one that suits you best. For example, if you want to save time and hassle, you might prefer paying online or by phone. If you want to save money and avoid fees, you might prefer paying by mail or in-store.
Pay more than the minimum:
The minimum payment due on your Lowe’s credit card is the lowest amount you can pay each month to avoid late fees and keep your account in good standing. However, paying only the minimum will not reduce your balance significantly, and you will end up paying more interest over time.
To save money and pay off your debt faster, you should try to pay more than the minimum each month, or even pay the full balance if you can afford it. This will also improve your credit utilization ratio, which is the percentage of your available credit that you are using, and boost your credit score.
Pay before the due date:
The due date on your Lowe’s credit card is the date by which you have to make your payment to avoid late fees and interest charges. The due date is usually 25 days after the end of your billing cycle, but it can vary depending on your account terms and conditions. To avoid missing the due date and paying unnecessary fees, you should try to pay your Lowe’s credit card before the due date, or at least on the same day. You can also set up reminders or alerts on your phone, email, or calendar, or enroll in automatic payments to ensure that you never miss a payment.
Take advantage of the perks and discounts:
One of the main reasons to get a Lowe’s credit card is to enjoy the exclusive perks and discounts that it offers. The Lowe’s Advantage Card gives you 5% off every day on eligible purchases, 6 months of special financing on purchases of $299 or more, and project financing options for larger home projects.
The Lowe’s Commercial Account and Lowe’s Business Advantage cards also offer 5% off every day on eligible purchases, as well as additional benefits such as fuel rewards, purchase tracking, and account management tools. The Lowe’s American Express Business Rewards Card offers 3X points on eligible purchases at Lowe’s, 2X points on eligible purchases at restaurants, office supply stores, and wireless telephone services, and 1X points on all other purchases.
You can redeem your points for Lowe’s gift cards, American Express gift cards, travel, merchandise, and more. To maximize your savings and rewards, you should use your Lowe’s credit card wisely and responsibly, and pay attention to the terms and conditions of each offer.
Compare prices and shop smart:
Another way to save money on your home projects is to compare prices and shop smart at Lowe’s. Lowe’s offers a price match guarantee, which means that if you find a lower price on an identical item from a local or online competitor, Lowe’s will match it. You can also use coupons, promo codes, and rebates to get discounts and cashback on your purchases.
You can find these offers on Lowe’s website, app, social media, email newsletters, or on third-party websites and apps. You can also sign up for Lowe’s Pro Loyalty Program, which gives you access to exclusive deals, personalized offers, and business tools. Additionally, you can shop during sales, clearance, and seasonal events, such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and more, to get the best prices and deals on your home projects.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about Lowe’s credit card payment and savings:
Q: What is the interest rate on Lowe’s credit card?
A: The interest rate on Lowe’s credit card is also known as the annual percentage rate (APR), which is the cost of borrowing money from Synchrony Bank. The APR on Lowe’s credit card varies depending on your creditworthiness and the type of card you have. The APR for the Lowe’s Advantage Card is 26.99%, the APR for the Lowe’s Commercial Account is 21.99%, the APR for the Lowe’s Business Advantage is 18.99%, and the APR for the Lowe’s American Express Business Rewards Card is 15.74%, 18.74%, or 21.74%, depending on your credit score. The APRs are subject to change, so you should check your account terms and conditions for the latest information.
Q: How can I avoid paying interest on Lowe’s credit card?
A: The best way to avoid paying interest on Lowe’s credit card is to pay your balance in full every month, before the due date. This way, you will not incur any interest charges on your purchases, and you will also improve your credit score. However, if you cannot pay your balance in full, you can still avoid paying interest on some purchases by taking advantage of the special financing offers that Lowe’s credit card provides. For example, the Lowe’s Advantage Card offers 6 months of special financing on purchases of $299 or more, which means that you will not pay any interest if you pay the purchase in full within 6 months. However, you should be aware that if you do not pay the purchase in full within the promotional period, or if you make a late payment, you will be charged interest from the date of purchase, at the regular APR. Therefore, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you can afford the monthly payments before you use the special financing offers.
Q: How can I check my Lowe’s credit card balance and payment history?
A: You can check your Lowe’s credit card balance and payment history online, by phone, or in-store. To check online, you need to sign in to your account on Lowe’s online payment webpage and view your account summary, balance, payment due date, and available credit. You can also access your statements, transactions, and alerts. To check by phone, you need to call the customer service number on the back of your card, or use the numbers we provided above, and follow the prompts or speak to a representative. To check in-store, you need to visit any Lowe’s store go to the customer service desk, show your Lowe’s credit card or a valid photo ID, and provide your account number or phone number.
Paying your Lowe’s credit card is easy and convenient, as you have four options to choose from: online, by mail, in-store, or by phone. Each option has its benefits and drawbacks, so you should pick the one that suits you best. Paying your Lowe’s credit card on time and in full is important to avoid late fees, interest charges, and damage to your credit score. You can also save money and earn rewards by using your Lowe’s credit card wisely and responsibly and taking advantage of the perks and discounts that it offers. You can also compare prices and shop smart at Lowe’s, and use coupons, promo codes, and rebates to get the best deals on your home projects. By following these tips and advice, you can pay your Lowe’s credit card and save money on your home projects. Thank you for reading this guide, and happy shopping at Lowe’s!